Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction in a malrotated ectopic kidney with concomitant lithiasis – A rare Clinical scenario
Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction in a malrotated ectopic kidney with concomitant lithiasis
AbstractKidney lying outside renal fossa referred as Ectopic kidney. Hereby we are presenting rare case of Pelviureteric junction obstruction in a malrotated ectopic kidney with concomitant lithiasis in 16 year male.He presented with pain in lower abdomen intermittently.On CT,left ectopic kidney was malrotated located in pelvis near midline having 10 mm stone in lower pole, and having obstructed pattern drainage with moderate hydronephrosis.Open Anderson-Hynes dismembered pyeloplasty was done.
Thorough clinical approach with delineating aberrant anatomy of ectopic kidneys and their vascular supply with consideration of unusual functional data on conventional functional renogram is necessary for intervening in malrotated ectopic kidney with concomitant lithiasis
2. Kanojia RP, Janssen K, Kirsch A. Pelviureteric Junction Obstruction in Ectopic Kidneys with Extrarenal Calyces: A Rare Renal Anomaly. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2021 May-Jun;26(3):195-7.
3. Bingham G, Leslie SW. Pelvic Kidney. [Updated 2022 Feb 14]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK563239/
4. Wahyudi I, Tendi W, Rahman F, Situmorang GR, Rodjani A. Minimal Invasive Treatment in Pelvic-Ureteric Junction Obstruction: A Comprehensive Review. Res Rep Urol. 2021;13:573-80.
5. Eid S, Iwanaga J, Loukas M, Oskouian RJ, Tubbs RS. Pelvic Kidney: A Review of the Literature. Cureus. 2018 Jun 09;10(6):e2775.
6. Stasinou T, Bourdoumis A, Masood J. Forming a stone in pelviureteric junction obstruction: Cause or effect? Int Braz J Urol. 2017 Jan-Feb;43(1):13-9.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright and Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
JSSN applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to all works we publish. Under the CC BY license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, distribute, and/or copy articles in JSSN, so long as the original authors and source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
Article by JSSN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.jssn.org.np/index.php?journal=jssn.