Hemiatrophy of the brain: a report of two cases
AbstractHemiatrophy of the brain is the radiological finding, in the patients with seizure and/or mental retardation and hemiparesis, usually due to insult to developing brain in fetal and early childhood. Other imaging feature is the compensatory osseous hyperplasia. This condition, also known as Dyke-Davidoff-Masson Syndrome is a rare entity and we report two such cases
2. Dyke CG, Davidoff LM, Masson LB. Cerebral hemiatrophy with homolateral hypertrophy of the skull and sinus. SurgGynecolObstet 1933; 57: 588-600.
3. Kumar S, Lakshmaiah V, Naidu K KC. A rare cause for seizures and mental retardation- Dyke Davidoff Masson Syndrome.Int J Biol Med Res 2011; 2: 1186-8
4. Aguiar PH, Liu CW, Leitao H, Issa F, Lepski G, Figueiredo EG et al. MR and CT imaging in the Dyke-Davidoff-Masson Syndrome. ArqNeuropsiquiatr1998; 56: 803-7.
5. Tasdemir HA, Incesu L, Yazicioglu AK, Belet U, Gungor L. Dyke Davidoff Masson syndrome. Clin Imaging 2002; 26: 13-17
6. Dix JE, Coil WS. Cerebral hemiatrophy: Classification on the basis of MR Imaging findings of mesial temporal sclerosis and childhood febrile seizures. Radiology 1997; 203: 269-274
Copyright and Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
JSSN applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to all works we publish. Under the CC BY license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, distribute, and/or copy articles in JSSN, so long as the original authors and source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
Article by JSSN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.jssn.org.np/index.php?journal=jssn.