Tuberculous pseudotumor of fibular head
AbstractTuberculous osteomyelitis of long tubular bone is uncommon, the reported incidence is about 2-3 %. Tuberculous osteomyelitis of fibular head is very rare and it mimics neoplasm. Here we report a case of a 28 year old male presenting with unremitting right knee pain with swelling around fibular head with knee radiography showing lytic lesion of proximal fibula,excisional biopsy was done and histopathological report confirmed it as tuberculous osteomyelitis.
2. Akki A, Bilde Y. Atypical focal osteomyelitis as initial manifestation of AIDS. Case Reports in Orthopedics 2011.
3. Abdelwahab IF, Poplaw S, Abdul QM,Naran D. Tuberculouspseudotumor of proximal end of fibula. A Case Report. BullHospJt Dis.2003;61(3-4):145-7.
4. Mathew P,MarkE, FranklinH. Surgical management of 121 benign proximal fibula tumors. ClinOrthopRelat Res 2010;468:3056-3062.
5. Erler K, Demiralp B, Ozdemir MT, Basbozkurt M. Treatment of proximal fibular tumorswith en bloc resection. Knee.2004;11:489-496.
6. Agrawal D, Saseendar S, Patro D, Menon J. Outcomes and complications of fibular head resection.WebmedcentralORTHOPEDICS2011;2(12):WMC002509.
7. Babhulkar SS, Pande KC, Babhulkar S. Ankle instability after fibular resection. J Bone Joint Surg Br 1995;77:258-61.
8. Murray JA, Schlafly B. Giant cell tumors in the distal end of radius. Treatment by resection and fibular autograft interpositional arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1986;68:687-94.
Copyright and Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
JSSN applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to all works we publish. Under the CC BY license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, distribute, and/or copy articles in JSSN, so long as the original authors and source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
Article by JSSN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.jssn.org.np/index.php?journal=jssn.